GB-Glasgow: Supply of Flow Cytometers
Competitive Contract Notice
1. Title: GB-Glasgow: Supply of Flow Cytometers
2. Awarding Authority:
6 Buchanan Gate, Glasgow, G33 6FB, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 7483324019, Email: email@example.com, URL: https://www.scottishwater.co.uk/
Attn: Lee Mathers
3. Contract Type: Supplies
Sub Type: PURCHASE
4. Description: Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses). Scottish Water Scientific Services is responsible for collecting and analysing water and wastewater samples for regulatory compliance monitoring and operational purposes. The laboratory is accredited to ISO17025 and ISO14001. The Microbiology laboratory currently follows a method describing the detection and assessment of the total (LIVE and DEAD) and intact (LIVE) bacteria cell numbers of potable water samples using a flow cytometer. The flow cytometer applies a laser beam to the sample and detects fluorescent signals emitted from stained cells. Two DNA intercalating dyes are used to stain the cells depending on their condition and distinguish between intact and compromised cells. As part of Scottish Water’s flow cytometry upgrade project, we have been asked to evaluate our flow cytometry capabilities to ensure public health protection. It is important that our laboratory continues to focus on shortening analysis times whilst retaining limits of detection/recoveries. Scottish Water are looking into purchasing three Flow cytometers capable of rapid detection of total and intact bacteria cell numbers in potable water providing minimal variation whilst minimising sample loss to provide increased productivity.
The technical assessment will be made on the information provided during laboratory demonstrations and the responses to this tender specification. The evidence provided should include a summary of the data produced in the laboratory demonstration (highlighting reproducibility, precision, instrument sensitivity and accuracy, robustness and potential time saving. The responses to the questions in this tender document should be comprehensive and should include all details of any software provided, and training provided, support for the method implementation, and instrument specification.
5. CPV Codes:
38000000 - Laboratory, optical and precision equipments (excl. glasses).
6. NUTS Codes :
UKM - SCOTLAND
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: SCOTLAND,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: SW19/LAB/1274
9. Estimated Value of Requirement: Category H: 100K to 500K
10. Deadline for Expression of Interest: 13/02/2020 00:00:00
11. Address to which they must be sent:
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the Delta eSourcing portal at:
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Suitable for VCO: Yes
Period of Work Start date: 01/05/2020
Period of Work End date: 30/04/2027
Is this a Framework Agreement?: yes